Coos Bay Area Habitat for Humanity has received a $5000 National Women Build grant from Lowe’s. Women in the Coos Bay area are invited to participate in this special event on May 10th at 1085 Webster Avenue, Coos Bay, OR. The build is from 9AM – 2PM and lunch will be provided. Please call 541-756-9080 or email us.
We build at our Morrison subdivision. Directions: Newmark to Morrison, left on Morrison 11 blocks to Webster or look for the construction container on Blanco.
We are accepting pre-applications for new candidates for the next Habitat house.
The following are the criterias for applying for a Habitat for Humanity house:
- You must live in substandard housing (house has electrical, plumbing or roof problems or overcrowding, etc).
- You must be under the 50% median income (from chart below).
- You can not have collections of judgements on your credit report.
- You must complete 500 hours of sweat equity in building the house.
- You must be willing to partner with CBA Habitat for Humanity.
2013 income guidelines – If your income exceeds the maximum for your family size, you do not qualify. Your family or household members include everyone who lives with you currently and plans to live with you in the future, regardless of whether or not they will be on the mortgage and/or deed. Failure to report all household income is considered fraud and can have serious consequences.
Family Size 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Income 18700 21400 24050 26700 28850 31000 33150 35250
Habitat for Humanity has a non-proselytizing policy.